The Magic Vac Vacuum Sealer is a vacuum packing system that is the perfect companion to your Food Dehydrator as well as for extending the life of fresh foods.
It vacuum packs fresh & dried food for easy storage and longer shelf life.
Magic Vac Vacuum Sealer review:
- Greatly extends the life of your food by up to 5 times
- Removes over 70% of the air
- Ideal for fresh & dehydrated foods
- Fully-automatic and quick to use
- Perfect for backpackers, campers & hikers!
- Able to store goods in pantry, fridge or freezer
- Reduces oxidization of food
- Reduces freezer burn
- Prevents bacteria and mold from ruining your food
- Save money by getting the most out of your food
- Never waste your groceries again!
- The Magic Vac comes with a strong .8 bar (11psi) pump and has a vacuum capacity of 9 litres per minute
- Automatic operation means it’s easy to use
- Manual override function means you’re always in control
- 2-year warranty
What to Vacuum Pack:
Vacuum seal and store in the pantry.
Herbs / Spices
Nuts & Cheese
Batteries, Matches, First Aid / Emergency Supplies, paperwork
Vacuum Packing Tips:
- Pat down to dry with paper towel before vacuuming.
- If still moist place a paper towel in the bag and seal inside.
- For best results freeze fish before sealing, in particular smaller, more delicate fish.
- Allow hot food to cool before vacuum sealing. This prevents bacteria from producing in the bag and provides a better quality seal.
- Pre-freezing before sealing prevents delicate foods such as raspberries, small fish etc from being crushed by the vacuum.
- Pat them down to be as dry as possible.
- Vacuum packaging allows the special cooking method called sous-vide, meaning “under vacuum” in French. It involves poaching food that is vacuum sealed in a plastic bag, a much healthier option than some.
- For best practice it is recommended to first blanch vegetables before sealing.
- It is not recommended to seal the following: mushrooms, garlic & soft cheese. Furthermore cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts emit gases when stored that will cause the bag to expand and spoil the food.
Backpackers adore the Magic Vac!
The Magic Vac is perfect for backpackers, hikers and campers! By extending the food life by up to 5 times fridges are no longer a must have on weekends away. Vacuum packed dehydrated soup or stew is the perfect getaway meal. Plus it’s packed so tightly in its sealed packaging that is takes up almost no space at all and fits easily into backpacks and jacket pockets. Forget heavy cans and large containers that take up precious space. Travel light and effortlessly with vacuum packed food that lasts longer! Stay away longer and enjoy the freedom.
Shelf life of Vacuum Packaged Foods:
|Food||Stored In||Normal Shelf Life||Vacuum Shelf Life|
|Large cuts of meat: beef, poultry, lamb and pork||Freezer||6 months||2-3 years|
|Ground meat: beef, poultry, lamb and pork||Freezer||4 months||1 year|
|Fish||Freezer||6 months||2 years|
|Coffee beans||Room temperature||4 weeks||16 months|
|Coffee beans||Freezer||6-9 months||2-3 years|
|Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries||Refrigerator||1-3 days||1 week|
|Berries: cranberries, huckleberries, blueberries||Refrigerator||3-6 days||2 weeks|
|Cheese – hard, semi-soft and pasteurized cheeses.*Soft cheeses such as Brie, Camembert, Ricotta, Cottage and Teleme MAY NOT be vacuum packaged||Refrigerator||1-2 weeks||4-8 months|
|Cookies, crackers||Room temperature (periodically opening)||1-2 weeks||3-6 weeks|
|Flour, sugar, rice||Room temperature||6 months||1-2 years|
|Lettuce||Refrigerator||3-6 days||2 weeks|
|Nuts||Room temperature||6 months||2 years|
|Oils with no preservatives, like safflower, canola, corn oil||Room temperature||5-6 months||1-1.5 years|
|Wine||Refrigerator||1-3 weeks||2-4 months|
Above table adapted by Tilia Inc. from Dr. G.K.York, Dept. of Food Science & Tech, U of California, Davis
Please note, this table serves as a guide only